Beginning with our youngest class, we believe that each child is teachable, a sponge waiting to absorb life’s truths. Each class curriculum consists of age appropriate preschool skills. Children learn the alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes. Starting with the 3 year old class, we begin introducing Pre-K skills in order to prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Our staff members are Christian teachers with a wide range of experience to help your child grow and be challenged. All of our staff members are certified in child and infant CPR.
Christ is the center of our program. Each week we share a Bible story with the children. These Bible truths are reinforced in the classroom through crafts, puppets and other hands-on opportunities. Our goal is to plant the seeds of God’s love in every child that comes through our doors.
If you have questions or would like more information about the MDO program, please call 865.357.2MDO (865.357.2636).
Times and Days
Our program runs from 9am-2:30pm with two options to choose from:
- Monday / Thursday
- Tuesday / Friday
- Registration Fee: $100.00
- Monthly Rate: $150.00 ($285.00 for 2 children)
We provide a well-rounded preschool curriculum for your child in a safe, loving, Christ-centered program. Each class curriculum consists of age appropriate skills, crafts, and experiences.
- Children learn colors, shapes, alphabet, and numbers. We also teach some sign language and Spanish to each class.
- Our Pre-K class introduces skills needed to be successful in Knox Co. Kindergartens.
- Every week we introduce a new Bible story and learn how to apply it to our life today.
- Once a month we memorize and sign a Bible verse.
- We have theme based Center activities that change weekly.
- Group Circle Time in the sanctuary with singing and Bible story activities led by the Director.
We also do lots of special fun days! Some of our favorites are PJ day, Zoo day, Dr. Seuss day, UT day, Noah’s ark day, Community helper day, and Hungry caterpillar day! We like to have parties too: Jesus birthday, pizza, or ABC!
WTCC Mother’s Day Out believes that giving back to our community is an important lesson for children of all ages. To this end, we have held fund-raisers for children’s charities around Knoxville. Some of our favorites include a Trike-a-thon to help raise funds for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, collecting food items for Thanksgiving baskets at KARM, as well as a Walk-a-Thon for Juvenile Diabetes.